While observing the political landscape over the past few years, it is quite remarkable how polarized things have gotten. Some terms that I keep hearing being thrown around very liberally is when the left calls President Trump and his followers “fascists” or “Nazis”.
I can’t help but ask, “Do these people even know what those terms mean?”
How Can Trump Be Fascist?
To begin with, if President Trump really was a fascist, then they wouldn’t even be allowed to say those things. Secondly, such an ideology would require a bigger government, and President Trump has actually reduced the power of the government. So those labels couldn’t be anymore wrong.
One thing I have observed in my life is that when people point fingers at others, those people are often times guilty of the accused act themselves. So I wondered if these accusations of fascism were actually being hurled by people who are fascists.
In the great book, Pedagogy of the Oppressed, written by the late and brilliant Brazilian philosopher Paulo Freire, we are told that those “who were oppressed” or perceived to be oppressed, often become oppressors in the end.
Definition of a Fascist
So after reading and reviewing the 14 defining characteristics of fascism, as written by Dr. Lawrence Britt, I discovered that my instincts were true. The liberal leftist movement (aka the resistance) is actually more fascist than President Trump and his followers whom they claim to be fascist.
So let us examine further how many of these 14 fascist characteristics apply to the leftist movement:
1) Powerful and Continuing Nationalism – Fascist regimes tend to make constant use of patriotic mottos, slogans, symbols, songs, and other paraphernalia.
Social Media Hashtags: #notrump #notmypresident #nobannowall #impeachtrump #resist #resistance #metoo #believewomen #believesurvivors
Symbols of the Resistance:
2) Disdain for the Recognition of Human Rights
I could laterally list thousands of these attacks by the resistance on conservatives. The left is hell bent on denying conservatives their basic human rights to dine out, attend movies, go to public events, etc.
3) Identification of Enemies/Scapegoats as a Unifying Cause
Democrats’ phony attack on Kavanaugh comes from an old playbook – The left attempted to ruin this man’s life and make him a scapegoat for survivors.
Harvey Weinstein Sexual Assault Allegation: A List of 87 Accusers – Yes, Weinstein deserves the punishment he is receiving, but he has still been used as a public scapegoat and is the main reason for the existence of the Metoo movement.
5) Rampant Sexism – we have witnessed an explosion of feminist articles in major publications, as well as several Women’s Marches with an energized Metoo movement.
Stormy Daniels, Feminist Hero ~ New York Times
Why women’s rage is healthy, rational and necessary for America ~ Washington Post
Here’s Why Feminism is the Word of the Year ~ Newsweek
Women’s March Marks the Return of Feminism, In All Its Glory ~ Boston Globe
6) Controlled Mass Media – everyone knows that the overwhelming majority of the mainstream media are left-leaning.
7) Obsession with National Security – the left vehemently opposes Trump’s desire to build up the military and to secure the borders with a big wall. They blame Trump for cruel treatment of illegals at our borders.
9) Corporate Power is Protected – for many years, it was assumed that the rich and elite supported the GOP – that has now changed.
11) Disdain for Intellectuals and the Arts – the resistance has demonstrated time and again that they are not interested in intelligent debate and compromise. When conservative speakers visit college campuses, then opt for violence and destruction to silence the opposition. Additionally, they seek to destroy statutes and pieces of art from US History that they don’t like rather than seeking to embrace our history and the path we have traveled and learned from.
12) Obsession with Crime and Punishment – amazingly, the left has waged war on law enforcement. They have also sought very liberal prison reform – some of those on the far left have actually made demands such as emptying our prisons and getting rid of the police altogether.
13) Rampant Cronyism and Corruption – there has certainly been much said and predicted about the Mueller Investigation. But in the end, it has accomplished one thing quite well. It exposed the cronyism and corruption in both the FBI and the Democratic Party. One fact remains is that all actions occurred under the Obama Administration which makes him complicit.
Hillary Clinton’s Secret Takeover of the DNC ~ Politico
Obama Spied on the Trump Campaign. Where’s the Outrage? ~ Washington Times
Biased Democrats Dominate Mueller’s Partisan Investigation Team ~ National Review
The Stench at Obama’s Corrupt DOJ & FBI ~ RealClearPolitics
According to my count, the left is guilty of committing 10 of these 14 characteristics of fascism. As a result, they have proven to be far more fascist than President Trump and his followers.
The irony is that the leftist group Antifa derived their name from the term “anti-fascist”. Yet they are actually guilty of being FASCIST themselves – we now have proof. 🙂